The safety and health of your family means everything. The quality of water that is consumed and utilized in your household may be laced with dangerous and volatile chemicals that could potentially put your family members at great risk.
Volatile and organic chemicals are dissolved in any water supply, either municipal or rural (water wells). Chemicals can cause serious health issues and should be removed from your working, cooking and bathing water supply.
Volatile and organic chemicals are dissolved in any water supply either municipal or rural (such as water wells). The chemicals found in water can be as follows:
Vinyl Chloride, Carbon Dioxide, Carbon Monoxide, TCE, PCE, THM’s, Chlorine, Chloramines, Lead, Benzene, Toluene, Dioxin, Ammonia, Radon, Dichloroethene, Algicides, Herbicides, Pesticides, Inks, Dyes, Degreasers, Paints, Fuel Oil, Solvents, Mercury, Boron, Aluminum, Fluoride, Barium, Nickel, Selenium, Strontium, Zinc, Uranium and MANY OTHERS.
The above chemicals can cause serious health issues and should be removed from your working, cooking and bathing water supply.
Tannins are formed upon the decomposition of vegetation. These compounds are large molecular weight organics that fall under two large primary categories: Humic acids and Fulvic acids. These are simplified structures, but they show the complexity of tannins. Tannins can cause a yellow to brown cast in water and may also impart a taste and odour. They will generally be found in surface water supplies or shallow wells. Although these compounds are not a health risk, they are aesthetically displeasing.
Turbidity is the cloudiness or haziness in a water supply caused by individual particles or suspended solids that are generally invisible to the naked eye, similar to smoke in air. The measurement of turbidity is a key test of water quality. The water can contain suspended solid matter consisting of particles of many different sizes. Some suspended material will be large enough and heavy enough to settle rapidly to the bottom. If a liquid sample is left to stand (the settleable solids), very small particles will settle only very slowly or not at all if the sample is regularly agitated or the particles are colloidal.
Uranium is a naturally occurring weakly radioactive element. High levels of uranium in water may increase the risk of cancer and kidney damage. Most of the uranium that is ingested by food or drink by the human body is excreted, but some amounts are absorbed into the bloodstream and kidneys. The health effects from ingesting uranium are caused primarily by chemical damage, not by the radioactivity. Uranium decreases the kidneys’ ability to filter toxins from the bloodstream. These effects are reversible if the uranium contamination is eliminated.
When water has a PH level of less than 7.0 the water is considered acidic as 7.0 is considered neutral. When the PH level of water is less than 6.5 PH is five times more acidic than neutral. Neutralization is required to raise the PH level back to neutral to eliminate any potential erosion and have all water treatment equipment work properly.
While Nitrate is non-toxic, it is reduced to Nitrite by bacteria in the stomach. Nitrite, once it enters the bloodstream, can reduce the body’s ability to transport oxygen. Most vulnerable are infants under the age of six months who can suffer from ‘Blue Baby Syndrome’, kidney dialysis patients, the elderly and those with compromised immune systems. Nitrate intake
has also been linked to many forms of cancer.
Lead is a highly toxic substance which can produce a wide range of adverse health effects. Both adults and children can suffer from the effects of lead poisoning, but childhood lead poisoning is more prevalent.
Drinking affected water can contribute to elevated blood lead levels. Lead can leach into drinking water from certain types of plumbing materials (lead pipes, copper pipes with lead solder, and brass faucet's). Also, it’s important to note that formula-fed infants are at special risk for lead poisoning if their formula is made with lead contaminated water. When elevated
blood lead levels are present in children under the age of six, serious brain and central nervous system health issues can occur.
Arsenic is a highly poisonous and toxic industrial chemical. Arsenic is a cancer causing carcinogen which has been linked to bladder, skin, kidney, liver, prostate and lung cancers.
Arsenic is not easily dissolved in water and can be found in water well supplies. It usually comes from mining, metallurgical operations or water run-off from agricultural areas where materials containing arsenic were used as industrial toxins in various soil formations.